A spin on the classic campfire treat, these gooey, crunchy, chocolatey, and chewy s’mores cookies are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 oz Graham crackers; crushed (about 4 sheets)
- 2.5 oz 60% Cacao Baking Chocolate; chopped (about 4-5 squares of baking chocolate)
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- In a food processor or blender, crumble graham crackers. Pulsing until they resemble a chunky crumb. Make sure to not over-blend. Set aside.
- Hand chop baking chocolate into small and medium-size pieces (or your preference). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl with a paddle attachment (or large bowl, if using a hand mixer), add softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix at medium speed for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture looks light, fluffy, and pale in color. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix on medium-low speed for another 1-2 minutes, until mixture is well combined and fluffy.
- At low speed, mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the flour is incorporated.
- Continuing on low speed, add in chopped chocolate and graham cracker crumbs until just combined. You don’t want the chocolate or graham crackers to break down too much.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a 2” cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp or 1.5 oz), portion out cookie dough—cover and place dough in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. If you have additional time, I recommend chilling dough for up to 24 hours. This allows the dough ample time to rest and for the flavors to develop further (*chef's kiss*).
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread cookie dough on a cookie sheet about 3-4 inches apart to allow room for the cookie to spread slightly.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes (with 5-6 minutes left on the bake time, pull out the cookies, and add mini marshmallows and extra pieces of chopped chocolate to each cookie. Return to the oven to finish baking). Once done, the sides of the cookies should be slightly golden brown, chocolate should be melted, and marshmallows should be melted and golden brown.
- Pull out of the oven and let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Didn’t eat all of the cookies fresh out of the oven but still want that melty goodness? Pop them in the microwave for 10-15 secs to warm the cookie and remelt the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Well-covered cookies at room temperature will last 4-5 days and up to a week in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Chilling Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
Keywords: s’mores cookie recipe, s’mores cookie with graham crackers, s’mores