Hi, Welcome to Night Owls Baking Co.
Hey Friend! Thank you for stopping by. I’m Steph! I am the one behind the treats (and the camera) of Night Owls Baking Co.
Most days you can find me in the kitchen rocking my best Mrs. Doubtfire look (with buttercream all over my face). My love language is equal parts food and sarcasm. I am aggressively passionate about helping those who try to claim they are just “not really a sweets person” by finding the right dessert for them. All of these are the ingredients needed to start a food blog.
Where it all began.
Even before my head could clear the counter, the kitchen has been one of my favorite places. As cliche as it sounds, it’s the room in the house where all the best memories were created. It’s where:
- My dad taught me to cook. Teaching me that it’s okay to make up things as you go, and to never let anyone tell you how much seasoning you should put on a dish -- you measure that with your heart.
- I learned to bake my great-grandma’s famous pies as a way to make money in high school and finance my dream of going to Europe. (Thank you Mom for all the late nights baking those pies with me!)
- I decorated my first cake because I was a poor college student and wanted to impress a cute guy for his birthday. 10 years later, the cake couldn’t have been too terrible because he’s still around today.
- My late nights and Pinterest fails became my greatest teacher in creativity. To be creative, you just have to create. The hard work and determination will pay off in the end.
- I learned to become confident in my own abilities, which eventually turned into my side hustle selling cakes and macarons.
Today you can still find me tinkering around the kitchen trying to find the best recipes, chasing after my two cats (Robin Sparkles and Sherbotsky), taking photos of my food, and sharing my cake scraps with anyone that stops by.
Come on in, stay for a while!
When you come over to my house, we’ll likely be in the kitchen hanging out over a glass of wine (or a beverage of your choice), while I am working on something that typically involves a lot of butter. My kitchen has become a space where all my favorite people can grab a chair or sit on the counters to share our biggest wins and support each other in our biggest losses. We tease each other, we challenge each other, we laugh a lot, we eat well, and we encourage each other to push outside our comfort zone.
My hope is that I can bring a little of my kitchen to you! Where this can be a space for us to slow down, have some fun, and challenge ourselves through approachable, delicious, and beautiful recipes. And while we are at it, satisfy our sweet and savory cravings.
So grab your favorite drink, stay awhile, and let’s have some fun in the kitchen.
Want to keep hanging out? Let's be friends
Check back regularly when I post new recipes, classes, and events. Or subscribe to my email list and I will deliver those goodies straight to your inbox (no spam, pinky promise!). I am also regularly on Instagram @nightowlsbakingco where you can find some behind the scenes, inspiration of my latest creations, and bits of my life.