Chewy, crispy, and buttery funfetti cookies made from scratch.
- 3 c All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 c Butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 c Granulated sugar
- 1/4 c Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract (If you do not like almond or have a nut allergy adjust to 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.)
- 1/2 c Jimmy Sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until it is well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time until combined, scraping the sides after each egg. Add in the vanilla and almond extracts until combined.
- At low speed, mix in the dry ingredients in 3 batches until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl after each batch of the flour mixture. Stop the mixer once just combined. Careful to not overmix.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Line a cookie sheet or container that you can store with parchment paper. Using a 2" cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp or 1.5 oz), scoop out the dough and set them side by side on your tray. Do not flatten, you want them to be nice and round. Place them in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. The longer the better, I sometimes leave mine overnight. Ultimately, you want them to become nice and firm before you bake them because this will help them keep their shape after you bake them.
- Place on cookie sheet about 3-4 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes on the pan once you pull out of the oven. Then transfer to a cooling rack. Let them sit for about 20-30 minutes until completely cool.
- To keep those pesky shells out of your dough: crack them into a separate bowl and add them in one at a time
- Not ready to bake right away? Store them in the freezer for 3 months. When ready to use, let them thaw on the counter for 15-20 minutes and then pop them in the oven.
- Didn’t eat all of the cookies in one sitting? Pop one in the microwave for 10-15 secs to get the warm chewy center.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: funfetti cookie recipe, funfetti cookies, funfetti cookies from scratch, funfetti sugar cookies