Rich, chewy, and fudgy brownies with a perfect crinkle top
- ¾ c Butter (stick and a half)
- ⅔ c Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ c Natural Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
- ¾ c Granulated Sugar
- ¾ c Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ c All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- Bring eggs to room temperature
- Prepare 8x8 square pan (grease and line with parchment paper)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line your 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Do not let butter boil.
- Once the butter is melted, remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and combined. Stir in cocoa powder until combined. Lastly, stir in Instant Espresso Coffee Powder until combined. Set the pan aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or medium-size bowl if you are using a hand mixer, add in both sugars.
- At medium-low speed, add in one egg at a time and mix until just combined. Once you add the last egg, keep mixing for about 1 minute. The sugar and egg mixture should be pale in color.
- Pour chocolate mixture into sugar and eggs mixture and mix until combined. Scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Fold flour and salt into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan
- Place on the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes*. Check for doneness 5 minutes before the recommended bake time**
- Once done, allow to completely cool. It is tempting to want to cut right into them, but allowing them to fully cool will give you that delish fudginess and chew factor you are looking for.
*Each oven is different so checking 5 minutes before the recommended bake time will help you gauge how much more time you’ll need. Additionally:
- If using a metal 8x8 pan, recommend checking around 40 minutes as metal pans conduct heat faster, speeding up the bake time.
- If using a pan larger than 8x8, recommend checking around 35-38 minutes, as the brownies will not be as thick, speeding up the baking time.
**Checking for doneness: insert a toothpick into the middle of the brownies. When you pull out the toothpick it should have a few moist chocolate crumbs on the end. It shouldn't be liquidy. If it is liquidy, keep baking and check every 2-3 minutes until done.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crinkle top brownies, fudgy and chewy brownies, homemade fudgy brownies